We recommend using either Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or FireFox for optimal viewing of this web site, and to take advantage of secure interactivity with our site. If you are not currently using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or FireFox you may wish to download one of them now. Click on the one you want to download and follow the instructions below.
When sending any application information online this site automatically switches to a secure mode. This is evident by the "https" that will appear in the url as opposed to "http." If you are using Internet Explorer you will see a locked padlock at the bottom of your screen or near the URL you are viewing when you are in a secure mode and an unlocked padlock or no icon when you are in an insecure mode.
Grand Bank may provide access to information, products or services offered on websites that are owned or operated by other companies (“Third Party Websites”). We provide this access through the use of hyperlinks that automatically move you from the Grand Bank website to the Third Party Website.
While we do our best to provide you with helpful, trustworthy resources, Grand Bank cannot endorse, approve or guarantee information, products, services or recommendations provided at any Third Party Website. Because we may not always know when information on a linked site changes, Grand Bank is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any Third Party Website. Grand Bank shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort resulting from the use of a link on its websites nor will it be liable for any failure of products or services advertised or provided on any Third Party Website.
Products, services, and benefits offered by third parties at Third Party Websites are obligations of those third parties, are not an obligation of, a deposit of, or guaranteed by Grand Bank, and are not FDIC insured.
How to Stay Safe with Online and Mobile Banking
- Always create a strong and unique password for your online and mobile banking login.
- Never log into your online or mobile bank account while connected to a public Wi-Fi network.
- Beware of phishing. Have you ever received a spam text message or email? Never click on links if you are unsure if they are safe. Always go directly to online or mobile banking app and login.
- Always keep your computers and mobile devices up to date.
- Install Anti-Virus software on your computers.
- Never save your usernames and passwords in your browser.
- Always log out after using online or mobile banking.
- Only download Grand Bank’s mobile apps from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (links below).
Look for the Lock
* In Microsoft Internet Explorer and FireFox when browsing securely the browser will display a locked padlock icon either at the bottom of the browser window, or near the top where the URL is displayed. The icon may look similar to this: